Recent Posts

Friday, May 4, 2012

Obama Warns Supremes: Don't Overturn Healthcare Reform

Have you ever wondered what life would be like in America under a dictator? Stop wondering.
- Reggie

The Obama administration warned the Supreme Court this week via papers filed with the Court that if Obamacare is struck down, there will be an “extraordinary disruption” in Medicare. Medicare was not discussed during the Supreme Court arguments, since it was not a Constitutional issue. This is a practical argument, not a legal one; it’s the Obama administration applying pressure to the Supremes.

But that’s what the Obama administration does – they focus on the politics of the situation rather than on the legalities. If they can’t win on the law, they figure, they’ll push the Court to act via “empathy,” President Obama’s favorite legal standard. And if they lose, they’ll blame the Court for destroying Medicare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

President Obama’s healthcare reform could change how business is conducted by physicians which could probably mean the end of full-time, independent private practitioners. A survey conducted by The Physicians Foundation predicts that physicians will become employees in organizations, probably do part-time work, or work as administrators or leave the field of healthcare altogether. In fact, it appeared that most physicians will probably consolidate with other practices, or join hospitals or hospital and health systems for utilizing capital, technical, and administrative resources. The national survey of 2,400 physicians noted that only 26 percent of them would continue practicing the way they did for the next few years. The remaining 74 percent would retire, work part-time, close practice to new patients, and/or look for non-clinical jobs. The survey found that a majority of physicians felt that the healthcare reform would translate into decreased revenue and increased patient volume. Physician shortage will worsen with demand to care for more patients with higher quality of care and less cost. In the next 15 years, America could face a shortage of 150,000 physicians. There is more on this at http://www.newsonhealthcare.com/preparing-for-socialized-health-caresome-patients-may-die-waiting-for-treatment/