"I actually believe in redistribution."
-- Barack Obama, Loyola University, 1998
Shall we play a game?
Which of these things doesn't belong?
Answer? They all belong.
They all belong to the redistributionist World of Obama.
Let's work our way through these items one by one for a glimpse of what Obama's re-distributionism has in fact meant.
- Coal: Alpha Coal Company announced this week that they are shutting down 8 mines and cutting 1,200 employees. CEO Kevin Crutchfield says this is necessary in part because of "a regulatory environment that's aggressively aimed at constraining the use of coal."
- Health Care: Welch Allyn, the medical device firm, announced the other day that "it will reduce its workforce by 10 percent over the next three years in reaction to the 2.3 percent medical device tax slated to begin in January 2013 in accordance with the Affordable Care Act." This from a report at Health Finance News.
- Jobs: The unemployment rate for August was 8.1%. The 43rd month in a row the unemployment rate was over 8%. Some 368,000 Americans stopped looking for work altogether.
- Religion: Asked if the Obama Justice Department would "never entertain" or "advance" any kind of proposal that would "criminalize speech" against any religion, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division Thomas Perez refused to answer.
- Movies: Local authorities swoop down on alleged Innocence of Muslims filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, escorting him from his home after midnight, to meet with federal officers. The Obama White House, the State Department, and the UN Ambassador all blame Nakoula's video for causing the violence in dozens of countries around the world. The filmmaker goes into hiding.
- Gas Prices: Gas prices skyrocket, eleven cents in one day last Friday.
- Poverty: The nation's poverty rate has increased to 15.1% from 14.3%. While fresh statistics are due next month, the rate is expected to increase. This increase, said CBS News, represents "the largest number of Americans in poverty in the 52 years since such estimates have been published by the U.S. Census Bureau." The Median Household Income of Americans has decreased.
So again. What was it that Mr. Obama said on that tape?
Read the rest of the article