Friday, October 26, 2012

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack

This story broke while I was at work today and it is stunning. To my knowledge, no president - Republican or Democrat - has ever refused to send military assistance to Americans and allowed them to die. What the heck, Obama?! This man should never, ever be re-elected to any office of responsibility. He along with hundreds of members of his Administration did nothing to rescue our fellow citizens and watched them die, instead.

Are Fox News, Sharyl Attkisson, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck the only people reporting this story? Is the rest of the media truly the propaganda arm of the Democrat party? How many Americans  have to be slaughtered by Islam in order to make the mainstream media question Obama, Clinton, etc., to find out the truth? The media culprits should be imprisoned along with members of Obama's administration when the truth finally comes out. - Reggie

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to "stand down."

Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights.

CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood, though, denied the claims that requests for support were turned down.

Read the full story and watch a video report of this

No comments: